This is the obligatory MilSO tag. What is a MilSO, you may ask. It is an acronym that stands for Military Significant Other. MilSO’s who have YouTube channels or blogs typically do this tag. I was not going to do it but I was recently asked to do it so here it is. There are multiple versions of this tag. The one I am doing today is 20 questions long so let’s get started!
1. What branch of the military is your significant other in?
The United States Army
2. How long have you been together?
1 and a half years
3. Did you meet before or after he joined?
We were talking before he joined but we didn’t meet in person till after he joined.
4. What is the hardest part of being a milso?
I think the hardest part is not just the distance and time spent apart but also the way people treat military. There are a lot of non supportive people. When I hear or read people disrespecting military members it just ticks me off.
5. When will you get to see your military man?
As soon as this deployment is over with. Thank God we don’t have too much longer.
6. Do you two have a stable relationship?
Of course we do.
7. Has he ever been deployed?
Yes, he is currently deployed.
8. If so how many times and where?
Just once and to South Korea.
9. During deployment, do you struggle with being happy?
Sometimes. It is hard to not be able to see him for so long. Sometimes the communication isn’t the best either so adding that with not seeing him who wouldn’t be sad? But I would just cry it out and go about my day. No sense in dwelling about something you can’t change, ya know?
10. Has your relationship ever ended due to distance?
No, it has not.
11. Uniform or civilian clothes?
Uniform definitely. When I see him in his uniform I can’t help but smile and blush like a school girl with a crush. I could sit and stare at him for hours in his uniform lol
12. Has he given you his dog tags to wear?
Yes, he gave them to me before he left and I have been wearing them since.
13. Do you enjoy being with a man in the military?
It has its ups and downs but so does every relationship no matter if it is civilian or military.
14. Do you ever wish you met somebody who wasn’t in the military?
It doesn’t matter. I am with him while he is in the military and I will be with him when he is out of the military.
15. Do you cherish time more with him now that he’s gone so much?
100% I cherish every message, phone call, photo, and any time we get together.
16. Is he trustworthy and faithful?
1 million times yes! I have no doubt in my mind about that.
17. Has he ever surprised you with Homecomings?
He hasn’t surprised me no, but I will be at his Homecoming.
18. True or False. Real men wear combat boots?
Combat boots don’t make you a man. A real man is someone who takes care of and supports their family.
19. Are you in love with your military man?
Yes, I couldn’t imagine my life without him.
20. If you could say one thing to him right now what would it be?
I love you and I am so proud of the man you have become. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I appreciate everything you do for me more then you know. I can’t wait for you to come home so I can kiss you again!
If you are a MilSO and you have a blog or vlog I am tagging you too do this tag if you have not already. If you enjoyed reading this tag and want me to do other tags leave me a comment down below and don’t forget to subscribe!